Friday, August 26, 2011

so happy for you

My friend Elizabeth just got a new job so we are going out to celebrate. This warrants a card :)
Here is another technique I learned from the Summer Card Camp.
I stamped the butterfly with versamark ink on white cardstock and then applied white embossing power. Next I used make-up sponges dabbed in orange, yellow and green chalk inks and kept blending until I reached the desired effect. I cut the butterfly out and added pop dots to the back. The background is a piece of pale yellow vellum which I ran through the cuttlebug using swiss dots folder. The corners of the card are adorned with pearls and connected with a squiggle line using a white gel pen. I frayed the ends of the grosgrain ribbon to add texture and the top ribbon was just adhered to the card. I am very happy with the way this turned out and most likely I will be making more of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment