Sunday, January 1, 2012

Experimenting with stamps and embossing powder

 I recently bought a couple of stamps at my LSS because I liked the images but when I got them home I thought, "how do I stamp with these?" Well with a little bit of embossing powder, some distress inks and two kinds of paper- white glossy card stock and a patterned piece of card stock here is what I have come up with. When I make them into cards I will post again.

The image above was created by putting Versamark on my Cuttlebug emossing folder and then covering the image with midnight black embossing powder. My hope was that only the recessed part would have embossing powder but it didn't work out that way. However, I like the look that was left after heat embossing. I then used distress inks and rubbed various colours over the remaining white areas . Now to come up with a card design to apply it to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment