Friday, January 20, 2012

Tone on Tone Trials

I tried another card technique from the CAS class. This time multiple die cuts were cut from coloured cardstock and placed on a card front of the same colour- tone on tone. Jennifer said in her video that she cut one die cut from the coloured cardstock but cut the remaining die cuts from white so that she did not waste her coloured paper, but I had lots of red as it was recently on sale at Michael's so I wasn't worried about using a lot of it.
With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make a few cards.
Here are 3 cards with slightly different approaches.
The card on the far left was made using multiple cuts of Je t'aime (from the Cricut cartridge Ashlyn's Alphabet) from red cardstock, then secured to a red piece of cardstock which was then adhered to a white card. I liked it but... The card on the far right was also cut from multiple layers of red cardstock but this time I covered the front of the die cuts with Ranger's Glossy Accents-nice and shiny. This gave it a little more pizazz. Because the die cuts were shiny I thought the card base should be as well so used a glossy piece of cardstock this time. Not too bad!

The most interesting and most effective card is the middle one. I went with card base and first layer cut from pearlized red card stock and cut the remaining layers from white cardstock as Jennifer suggested. Magnificent! The white cardstock is the way to go for under layers :) The Te Amo and butterfly are also cuts available on Ashlyn's Alphabet.

I will be using this technique again.

No comments:

Post a Comment