Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I have made a new year's resolution to make more time for my creative side. I need my circle of well-being to be more rounded, it is a little lopsided right now much like my body but that is an entirely different post LOL. To help achieve this goal of being more rounded and balanced, my plan is to participate in more card making challenges and posting the creations to this blog.
Scouring the internet for inspiration I came across this talented lady's website  heathertelford.com . Sheer Awesomeness.

I have not been one to make a lot of one layer cards so she has inspired me to try this card using her  stamping technique  here.


For stamping I used Penny Black's Glory of Modesty and Stampendous' Encouraging Words with Stampin' Up's Crisp Cantaloupe , Tim Holtz's Distress markers and ink pad in Barn Door and Ranger's Archival Ink in jet black.
For masking I tried the masking paper from Inkadinkado . The white cardstock is 110lb cardstock from Michael's.

After completing this card I tried a few more with different colours.
 


This was fun and the possibilities are endless with background stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment