Today I was able to play in my craft room trying out some of the new techniques from day 5 of Clean and Simple 3 card class.
One of my crafting mentors Jennifer Mc Guire demonstrated a new technique called "ironing off embossing". I gave it try but I altered it a bit because I did not want to waste too much embossing powder. Bad move. There are reason why certain steps cannot be altered. As you can see here in this photo, there are lines on either side of the water coloured banner, this is where the embossing powder was applied and then ironed off after the water colour portion was completed. Had I embossed the entire card front except for the banner section there would be no lines.
It stands to reason that a line would be present because VersaMark is a watermark ink. Silly me! but this is how we learn and how new techniques are discovered. Back to creative area to try my homework assignment again. :)